There are different styles of logo designs that are used. These are:
- Lettermark is a type of logo that is usually very simple. These logos usually comprises of letters like initials of the company’s name.For example CNN, IBM, HBO etc. are the companies that preferred to have initials instead of going for the lengthy names. Lettermark logos are also known as monograms.
- Woodmark is a lot similar to lettermark logos. Even this is based on fonts which are focused on the name of the business. For example logos like Coca- Cola and Google. This type of logos can be great for company names which are distinct, memorable and catchy.
- A pictorial mark is based on graphic design. This type of logo uses an image as the brand mark. For instance, the twitter bird and Apple logo.For new companies, it can be quite tricky to figure out a logo type.
- An abstract mark is a kind of pictorial logo with abstract geometric design used by some businesses. For example the logo of Adidas and Pepsi. These logos are also great for a brand to be condensed into one image. These are a great way to have a unique symbol for representing a brand.
- Mascots like some colorful cartoons or illustrated characters are also used as logos.For example, KFC’s Colonel and Kool-Aid Man.
- Another major type of logo is the emblem. These types of logos usually comprises of both symbols and fonts like a seal or badge. This type of logo can actually strike an impact with their traditional appearance. You can find such logos to be used by government organizations and schools.Also, companies like Harley Davidson and Starbucks use them.